Sunday 10 May 2009

Mayday, Mayday, Mayday...

...is the Crafty Muse challenge. Actually I think it's May Day! This card evokes the May Day feast day of times of yore with it's Olde Worlde decoupaged lily, juxtaposed with what modern May Day means to me: fresh colours, awakening shades of green & carefree feelings as my birthday approaches. I really wanted to do a ribbon Maypole, but Sarah snaffled that so my green ribbon represents that tradition. The stripes also fit the Lots to Do challenge like the one below.

9 comments:

Sarah C said...

This is lovely Sammie :D You could still have done a card based on a Maypole even though I had cos I wouldn't have minded :) xoxo

Enfys said...

Lovely card Sammie, that flower really pops. I am a bit 'between two worlds' at the moment, but if it's not too late will send you a few cards when I get back to the UK
hugs
En x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the flowers. Hope you get the package soon.
Hugs Anesha

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Sammie and a lovely interpretation of the challenge
Ann x

Beryl said...

Ooh, that flower is gorgeous. Great card Sammie. (Cards on the way.)
Beryl xx

Unknown said...

Great card! Th flower really stands out.

sam21ski said...

Fantastic card, the flowers really stand out xxx

Thanks again for joining in this weeks Lotstodo Challenge - Sam xxxx

Ang C said...

A gorgeous card - the flowers are fantastic

Sammi said...

Sammie - it's GORGEOUS!!!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Muse!!